Skip to main content

An Introduction



Welcome to our new blog!!!  We're both super excited about starting this together.  I wanted to share a little bit about ourselves and what our vision for this blog is going to be.

Butta and I are both avid shoppers in SL.  We go to tons of events, buy a bunch of the subscription boxes, do a lot of hunts, etc.  We're a little bit obsessed you could say.  We've been looking for something that we could actively do with all these goodies that we accumulate.  Most of the time, all we ever end up doing is opening the boxes, sort them into our wardrobe/inventory, maybe wear them once out to the next event and maybe (this is a big maybe), we take a photo of some sort.  We have fun doing this together, but it does get tedious and honestly...a bit boring.

While we sort and open, we of course comment and express what we like or don't like about the items we've gotten.  We both have become very picky about the things that we spend our money in SL on.  After one of the most recent subscription boxes that we received that we were very disappointed in, and after reading comments in the groups about said box, this spawned our idea for the blog.

We wanted to make a blog that focused on brutal honesty about items that we've purchased from creators and events.  There are TONS of blogs out there for SL fashion and events.  They're great!  I love browsing through them, getting ideas from them, seeing people's creativity with their designs and pictures they do for them.  But a lot of bloggers blog for specific creators and events.  They get perks for blogging, right?  They get free items.  They get early access to events.  They get some form of incentive for blogging.  Therefore, you're always only going to get a rose colored review of that item.

When you go online to buy something, say from...Amazon.  You type in what you're searching for and up comes dozens if not hundreds of listings for that item.  You can read about the product.  All the specific information pertaining to that product.  Then, if you're like most people, you look at the reviews.  When you finally pick the one you want to buy, do you buy just based off of the good reviews that you read?  If you're anything like me, I tend to read a few positives, but I base my final decision off of the negatives.  This isn't because I'm a negative person.  But if someone says something bad about a product, I want to know why!  Some people are a lot more nit picky than me, and they complain about things that I think aren't that big of a deal.  Others, have very serious concerns about the items and those are the ones I pay attention to.  I don't know about you, but I work hard for my money.  If I buy something, I want the best chance at being happy with that item.  Don't you?!

So why should buying something in SL, be any different from how you'd buy it in RL?  It shouldn't.  What really gave us the idea for this blog, was watching the group chats and seeing people gush and ahhh about items, that we felt, weren't up to par.  As the saying goes, opinions are like...well you know the saying! lol  Something not being "up to par" is just our opinion.  But what really bugged us and made us want to do this blog, was how the people who had constructive and negative comments were treated by the rest of the group!!!  Don't get me wrong, there is a tactful way of being negative and some people don't know how to pull that off unfortunately.  But why should someone with a less than "it's amazing!!" comment be so ostracized?

They shouldn't!  Hence...our blog!  Look, the creators of SL are talented.  No doubt about it.  I certainly can't do what they do.  I am in awe on a daily basis at what people make in this little virtual world we have.  But just because they can make something I can't, doesn't mean it's perfect either or that we, as consumers, should tip toe around their feelings, stroking their ever growing egos.  Ask any designer in the real world "How did you get better?" and I bet they don't say "All the love of my followers/fans!  They just...love me!"  It was probably from being shot down many times, people giving them constructive criticism, things that worked, and even more things that didn't.  If we aren't allowed to openly give some criticism with our praise, how will they get better?  How will they know what works and what doesn't?

We want people reading our blog, and creators, to understand this blog isn't going to be a place for us to complain about silly things.  You won't hear us say "Ewww, I just think this outfit is absolutely ridiculous and ugly, so don't buy it!"  What you will find in here are issues that we feel, as consumers, you should be made aware of.  Such as "this dress will require a lot of alpha help because the designer didn't script one in" or "this outfit is cute, but the texture over my hips looks a bit weird to me and I see a lot of glitches", etc.  This is about honesty, not pettiness or rudeness.  That's not who either of us are and we never will be. 

We've been warned that this blog might not go over well with a lot of people, especially creators who end up getting something negative said about their item in here.  We expect that and even really DO hope that some creators will read our blog, comment, open up a discussion with us!  We've also been encouraged to use alts for this blog, but we don't want to hide.  We aren't ashamed of what we're doing.  So why not just do a blog on items we love, and just leave the ones with any "negatives" out of it?  Well, what would be the point in that?! lol  There are already a LOT of blogs just like that out there!  We truly hope that people see this for what it is...a way to get an honest review about a product in SL.  We aren't going to be mean or hateful, that's not what we're doing this for.  We plan on being positive, honest, constructive, and sharing things we love right along with items we don't love.

So with all that being said, Butta and I really hope that you enjoy our new, refreshing, brutal, but honest opinions in our blog!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sami's Review: January - Luxe Box: Ariskea, Ison, Lamb & Rowne

I know I know...I said I wasn't going to buy this months Luxe Box!!  Look, I'm a female and I reserve the right to change my mind, however many times I feel like it mmmmk?! lol  In all seriousness, yes, mine and Butta's plan was to not  purchase this months box.  However, we saw that there were some fairly big changes this round, so we wanted to give it another chance and see how well the changes work out.  What changes?  Well for starters, at least for this round, they removed a designer or two (who shall remain nameless) that was producing well below par items for it's subscribers.  Big plus there!  They also limited the amount of the items in the box, down to just 8 items instead of 12.  Perhaps with a smaller panel of designers, the quality and variety of items will be better and make us happy?  They also lowered the price from L$1500 to just L$1000, which is only fair since you are getting 4 less items now.  So, way to go Luxe Box!  They clearly are listening to

Sami's December Luxebox Review: Part 1 - Lamb, Cosmic Dust, Le Fil Casse

It's been a crazy month!  Butta & I are a little behind on getting this Luxebox review done, so please forgive us.  With the holidays and all the events going on, RL obligations, allowing creators time to fix issues with the items, etc., time has been tight.  I think we've both also kind of dreaded doing this write up to be honest.  This month, Luxebox was really...disappointing, and that's saying it nicely!  I know that a lot of you have been asking "how was this months Luxebox?"  In this post I will be covering 3 of the 12 items from the December box.  I'm wearing the Empire shoes in this picture, but Butta will be covering the review on them.  You can find Butta's review right here .  Here's what I'll be talking about: Lamb, Le Fil Casse & Cosmic Dust, so let's get to discussing it shall we? Hair:   Lamb - Blessed Hair (fatpack) This month Lamb gives us a long wavy hairstyle partnered with a beanie hat, that can not be remov

Sami's Review - November Luxebox: Pretty Mess & Ariskea

Here we go with part 2 of my Luxebox November review.  In this review I'll be discussing the earrings & top by Pretty Mess, as well as the cabin by Ariskea.  In this picture, I'm also wearing the Wait hair by Lamb, the Mara Jersey Skirt by Rowne, and I'm using the Modern Luxe Bench by Fancy Decor, which are all also in the November edition of Luxebox this month.  You can find Butta's review on these items here .  So let's get started! Top:   Pretty Mess - All Seeing Earrings, Lily Split Tube Top What a nice surprise to get 2 items from Pretty Mess!  Thank you!!  The earrings come in both gold and silver versions, which makes me happy.  I am not a huge fan of yellow gold in RL and it seems that that follows me into SL as well.  That's not to say that the gold version of her earrings are bad.  They're not at all.  It's a very soft yellow gold, so it's very pretty.  Not an in your face, bright gold that you see in SL, usually accompanied wit