Skip to main content

Butta's Review - November Luxebox: Seul

My last post covered five items from the November LuxeBox, and I want to continue my LuxeBox coverage with one last item, the Linked Skirt and Top from Seul.



Linked Top - Seul for LuxeBox
Linked Skirt - Seul for LuxeBox
Kerria Heels - Empire for LuxeBox (See Samira's Post for Review)

The Linked top and skirt from Seul come in sizes for Maitreya, Hourglass, Freya and Isis bodies. The included HUD changes the top and skirt independently between black, white and nude. The skirt is side cut with three thins straps around the waist. The top is a strappy cropped tank. The straps do sit a little high on the shoulders. The waist of the skirt does have a noticeable gape in the back but otherwise seems to fit well.

I think it is fair to say that this is the item I am struggling the most with from this months box. We created this blog to give a brutally honest opinion of the things that we purchase, and my goal in doing this review is to highlight things that I feel can be improved not to simply point out the bad in things. I can see where it could make for a cute outfit, however the issues with it make it nearly impossible to wear, even for photos without significant editing. This photo was edited to fix clipping on the leg and to correct some stretching of the texture on the skirt where it pulls back and taken purposefully from an angle to show as few issues as possible.

Whether the outfit is your style or not it suffers from two significant issues which cannot be corrected for easily. I want to discuss the each briefly.

Skirt Seam Texture

If you have looked at the skirt you have no doubt seen that the skirt texture around the seam is different from the rest of the skirt and from the seam on the top. The seam reacts strongly to changes in lighting as shown in the picture below. Using both red sky and very dark black windlights you can see the the seam actually changes color. Notice the seam on the top does not have the same reaction to the changing windlight. Even on shadow free windlight settings, the seam has a noticeable glow to it.  There are some other inconsistencies in the seam texture as well. To me this is a huge issue and will hopefully be corrected with an update to correct the texture.



Rigging Issues

Getting the rigging and weighting right for mesh is a challenge. With multiple bodies and so many shapes its hard to get things right. Long skirts especially are difficult and I won't cover any issues with the way the skirt moves here. I do want to point out an issue I am seeing on the top.

On the Maitreya version there is an area where the strap connects in the back that is just not rigged well. In the first picture below you can see how the mesh looks with my arm in a static pose. This pose the arm in front of the body over the upper chest. Notice how the mesh is pulled into the body. The second picture shows the mirror of that pose and you can see that the right strap is not similarly pulled into the body. The third picture shows what the left strap looks like even with the mirrored pose. Still slightly glitching with the body.

This gltich is very noticeable with any arm movement. Changing from my normal shape to a shape with a much lower body fat number does not have any effect. Reducing the torso muscle slider below 30 does seem to correct the issue but it is quite a change from my normal setting at 60. I don't expect all things to fit all body types, but this is quite a significant change to make the top work. There may be other combinations of shape changes which give better/varied results.



I have reached out to the creator of this item to see if an update is forthcoming. If I hear back I will update this post. That's it for the Luxe box items. Be sure to check out Samira's reviews of the other six items from the November LuxeBox  (Review 1 and Review 2)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sami's Review: January - Luxe Box: Ariskea, Ison, Lamb & Rowne

I know I know...I said I wasn't going to buy this months Luxe Box!!  Look, I'm a female and I reserve the right to change my mind, however many times I feel like it mmmmk?! lol  In all seriousness, yes, mine and Butta's plan was to not  purchase this months box.  However, we saw that there were some fairly big changes this round, so we wanted to give it another chance and see how well the changes work out.  What changes?  Well for starters, at least for this round, they removed a designer or two (who shall remain nameless) that was producing well below par items for it's subscribers.  Big plus there!  They also limited the amount of the items in the box, down to just 8 items instead of 12.  Perhaps with a smaller panel of designers, the quality and variety of items will be better and make us happy?  They also lowered the price from L$1500 to just L$1000, which is only fair since you are getting 4 less items now.  So, way to go Luxe Box!  They clearly are listening to

Sami's December Luxebox Review: Part 1 - Lamb, Cosmic Dust, Le Fil Casse

It's been a crazy month!  Butta & I are a little behind on getting this Luxebox review done, so please forgive us.  With the holidays and all the events going on, RL obligations, allowing creators time to fix issues with the items, etc., time has been tight.  I think we've both also kind of dreaded doing this write up to be honest.  This month, Luxebox was really...disappointing, and that's saying it nicely!  I know that a lot of you have been asking "how was this months Luxebox?"  In this post I will be covering 3 of the 12 items from the December box.  I'm wearing the Empire shoes in this picture, but Butta will be covering the review on them.  You can find Butta's review right here .  Here's what I'll be talking about: Lamb, Le Fil Casse & Cosmic Dust, so let's get to discussing it shall we? Hair:   Lamb - Blessed Hair (fatpack) This month Lamb gives us a long wavy hairstyle partnered with a beanie hat, that can not be remov

Sami's Review - November Luxebox: Pretty Mess & Ariskea

Here we go with part 2 of my Luxebox November review.  In this review I'll be discussing the earrings & top by Pretty Mess, as well as the cabin by Ariskea.  In this picture, I'm also wearing the Wait hair by Lamb, the Mara Jersey Skirt by Rowne, and I'm using the Modern Luxe Bench by Fancy Decor, which are all also in the November edition of Luxebox this month.  You can find Butta's review on these items here .  So let's get started! Top:   Pretty Mess - All Seeing Earrings, Lily Split Tube Top What a nice surprise to get 2 items from Pretty Mess!  Thank you!!  The earrings come in both gold and silver versions, which makes me happy.  I am not a huge fan of yellow gold in RL and it seems that that follows me into SL as well.  That's not to say that the gold version of her earrings are bad.  They're not at all.  It's a very soft yellow gold, so it's very pretty.  Not an in your face, bright gold that you see in SL, usually accompanied wit